Library of University of Łódź was established in 1945. It is scientific and public library which deliver essential services to students, academic staff and individuals. The institution has the universal collections in the, humanities, history, economics, mathematics, legal and social sciences. Library of University of Łódź holds extensive collections of books, journals, maps, microfilms, photographs, sound recordings and special collections of rare books, manuscripts, and other materials. It also provides e-resources. The collection of Library consists of almost 3 000 000 items. Over 85 collaborating libraries provide services to all registered readers.
Behavior in the Library
- 1. Readers must present their Reader’s Card or University ID for inspection if requested by a member of the Library staff in the course of their duties.
- 2. Overcoats, raincoats, and other kinds of outdoor clothing, umbrellas, bags, cases and similar personal belongings shall normally be deposited in the locker-room during each visit to the Library.
- 3. Books and evidence of borrowing them shall be subject to examination on exit in order to the preservation of the collections.
- 4. Food and drink shall not be taken into the Reading Rooms generally, but may be admitted for consumption in the buffet.
- 5. Silence shall be maintained as far as possible in the Library. Cell phones must be set to ‘silent’ mode in the Library
- 6. Smoking is not permitted in the library.
- 7. All users should know Regulations.